How do I know if my WiFi is 2.4 GHz?
From your smartphone's Wireless settings page, look at the names of your Wi-Fi networks.
- A 2.4 GHz network may have "24G", "2.4", "24" or "L" appended to the end of the network name. For example: "Myhomenetwork2.4"
- A 5 GHz network may have "5G" or "5" appended to the end of the network name, for example "Myhomenetwork5"
Connect to your 2.4 GHz network
- Unlock your device and open Settings.
- Tap Wi-Fi, near the top of the list of settings options.
- Turn on WiFi by tapping the switch next to Wi-Fi at the top. Note: WiFi is enabled when the WiFi button is green.
- Select a 2.4 GHz WiFi network.
- If prompted, enter the password for the network.